Monday, April 29, 2013

1 Nephi 4:5-19 Trust

"Trust me."

Nephi must have lived his life in such a manner as to completely trust the Spirit of God.  He must have experimented on the word sufficiently to have great faith and confidence in following the prompting of the Holy Ghost when he was led "not knowing" the things he would be asked to do.

Alma compares a seed to the word of God and how through our patience and diligence in applying the word of God in our lives, our faith and joy is increased.  Nephi was undoubtedly nourishing his spirit on a daily basis.

How faithfully do I follow the guidance of the Spirit?  Do I heed and follow daily promptings to serve, to study, to work and even to rest in the Lord?  Do I trust and love God enough to do as he asks, even when I do not know why He is asking?  Even when it is hard?



No comments:

Post a Comment