Thursday, February 28, 2013

1 Nephi 1:7-15

Like Moses and Joseph Smith and other prophets, Lehi was exhausted by this spiritual manifestation, but further revelation was coming.  In his vision, Lehi beheld the Savior and his apostles.  The Savior himself delivered Lehi's prophetic calling (the book).  Even though there was destruction foretold, Lehi praised God for His works and power and goodness and mercy. "His soul did rejoice and his whole heart was filled."

We each receive callings to "go and do" in our lives.  While they may not be as dramatic as Lehi or Moses or Joseph, they are just as real.  God gives each of us tasks and stewardships during our lives here on earth.

How do I respond to the call from God to act, to do, to live, to be?

Some calls are pleasant, others not so much.

How do I maintain my faith and determination when the Spirit is guiding me in a direction I would rather not go?

No comments:

Post a Comment