Monday, March 4, 2013

1 Nephi 1:18-20

After experiencing these divine manifestations, Lehi went forth to call his people to repentance.  He "truly testified of their wickedness and their abominations," and also prophesied of the "coming of a Messiah and also the redemption of the world."  Because of Heavenly Father's infinite love for His people, he greatly desired their return to Him, their repentance, their healing.  He respected their agency while still holding them accountable for their lives, their choices and actions.  He treats all His children with this same respect.

This reminds me of hymn 240,  "Know This, That Every Soul Is Free"
1. Know this, that ev’ry soul is free
To choose his life and what he’ll be;
For this eternal truth is giv’n:
That God will force no man to heav’n.

2. He’ll call, persuade, direct aright,
And bless with wisdom, love, and light,
In nameless ways be good and kind,
But never force the human mind.  
 If my goal in this life is to become more like my Savior, who is in the express image of His Father, then I need to treat my spouse and my children with respect, with goodness and kindness, as well as all the rest of Heavenly Father's children.

Today's question.  How do I think of the people in my life?  How do I treat them?  Am I respecting their agency?  What area do I most to need to improve so I will be loving, correcting and respecting with Christ-like love?

D&C 121:41-462 Nephi 10:23-24Helaman 14:30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment